Friday, June 20, 2008

Viva Las Vegas



It's been a while, but just a quick post...we are moving to Sin City! That's right. Las Vegas Baby! I don't know what we will do there or where we will live, but there is always work there and the town is full of rich history. In 1993 construction workers discovered the remains of a Columbian mammoth that roamed the area during prehistoric times. Paleontologists estimate the bones to be 8,000 to 15,000 years old. Interesting? I think so!

So this valley which was discovered by a young scout named Rafael Rivera in 1829 has surpassed all the hopes and dreams that were once kept there into this booming destination for people from all around the world. More than 5,000 people move into the Las Vegas valley on a monthly basis. That's a lot of people! I am excited (I mean a teeny bit stressed) about this new adventure! One thing is certain....I don't think I will be bored in a city full of so much action, fab restaurants, and great food!

1 comment:

Annie said...

Hey, I just found your blog thanks to The Mom blogs...welcome to Vegas! I hope you are liking it. We moved here about 4.5 years ago from Alaska...it was quite a shock from what we were used to. You are getting here just as the heat rolls in:( Good luck getting settled. Your blogs are super cute!

Annie